This level requires the use of five basic software/hardware wallets, and a Gnosis Multi-Signature Wallet. This section is recommended for intermediate-to-expert users who are willing to take the steps necessary to reduce the likelihood of theft.
3 of 5 Gnosis Multi-Signature Wallet, Using an "Online Computer" (that is a computer that is connected to the Internet) 🌨
1. Boot Tails OS via USB on your Normal Online Computer.
2. Setup 5 Level 1 software or hardware wallets. Record those 5 account addresses offline.
3. Boot your Online Computer.
4. Open https://wallet.gnosis.pm in a secured browser
5. Use your Ledger Nano S or MetaMask to activate the wallet dApp.
6. Select “new”.
7. Specify your 5 account addresses as the owners of the wallet.
8. Specify a daily limit. Keep it reasonable.
9. Deploy the Wallet contract.
10. Test a small
submitTransaction transaction withdrawal with all 5 accounts, with the destination set to the account used.
- By following this withdrawal process, hackers can see that you have potentially read this article and are following these instructions.
11. Once all accounts successfully have withdrawn a small amount of funds from the wallet, deposit an amount slightly larger than the Daily Limit.
12. Attempt a 3-signature withdrawal from the multi-signature wallet
13. Now you can use that multi-signature wallet as your cold wallet.